SPS Electro Mechanical Polymer Sound Technology
SPS EMP actuator for speaker applications
Need for Thinner Speaker
Speakers are a critical element of any communication mobile devices. Speakers have been shipping in hundreds of millions of units per year - phones, tablets, notebooks and countless other consumer electronic devices. As the devices become thinner and flexible, speakers compete for design space and user experience.
There is an urgent need to develop a new generation of speakers.
World's Thinnest Speaker
SPS EMP Haptic Actuators are the world’s thinnest speaker - ultra thin, flexible, high fidelity, and cost competitive. When bonded to a thin semi-rigit structure, the SPS EMP actuator responds to signals in the audible range suitable for playing audio files. The SPS actuator is adaptable to any device and easily integrates with haptic and graphic features.
SPS EMP Actuator:
- World’s thinnest actuator, <50 microns thick
- Flexible and versatile for slim design and easy integration
- Operates in the HD haptic range, 50-300Hz
- Supports multi-modal experience with haptic and sound effects
- Operates in the acoustic range, 0-40kHz
- Digital control and instant response time
- Cost competitive